Katonah, New York is one of three unincorporated hamlets within the town of Bedford, New York, United States.
Katonah is named for Chief Katonah, an American Indian from whom the land of Bedford was purchased by a group of English colonists. Founded with the name Whitlockville, the town changed its name, and later was moved to its present site in 1897, when its former site (Old Katonah) was flooded by the construction of the Cross River Reservoir. More than 50 buildings were moved from the old site to New Katonah, were rolled on logs pulled by horses. The move was originally ordered to start in 1894, but litigation delayed the process by almost three years. Katonah was not the only village affected by New York City's growing demand for water. The villages of Kirbyville and New Castle Corners were also condemned by the city but were never moved.
The Katonah Village Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.