Norwood is a village located in St. Lawrence County, New York. As of the 2000 census, the village had a total population of 1,685.
The Village of Norwood is on the town line of two towns so that it is partly in the Town of Potsdam and partly in the Town of Norfolk. The village is north of Potsdam.
The community was known early in its history as "Raquetteville." Norwood as it is known today, grew out of the shadows of Potsdam, New York in the 1870s. In 1871 the growing Potsdam hamlet became a village entered into existence as the "Village of Potsdam Junction."