Scottsville is a village in southwestern Monroe County, New York, United States, and is in the northeastern part of the Town of Wheatland. The population was 2,128 at the 2000 census. The village is named after an early settler, Isaac Scott. Most Scottsvillians work in and around the city of Rochester, New York—the village of Scottsville is located about a ten minute drive from the outer limits of the city.
Isaac Scott, one of the first settlers, arrived in 1790 and purchased 150 acres (0.61 km2) of land from owners who lived in London and Great Britain. This land covered much of what is now the village of Scottsville. Scott's log house was at the southwest corner of Main and Rochester Streets in the village.
The following sites are on the National Register of Historic Places: Isaac Cox Cobblestone Farmstead, Grace Church, David McVean House, Simeon Sage House, William Shirts House, Union Presbyterian Church, and Windom Hall. The Rochester Street Historic District is a national historic district listed in 1973.