Union Springs, NY
Union Springs is a village in Cayuga County, New York, United States. The population was at 1,074 people at the 2000 census. The name is derived from the mineral springs near the village.
The Village of Union Springs is in western part of the Town of Springport and is southwest of Auburn, New York.
The village is south of the former Cayuga tribe village of Gwau-gwah (Cayuga Castle), which became a Jesuit Mission. The native village was a target of the Sullivan Expedition of 1779. After the war, a reservation was established for the Cayuga who returned, but they gave up their land rights before 1800.