Waterford is a town in Saratoga County, New York, USA. The population was 8,515 at the 2000 census. The name of the town is derived from its principal village, also called Waterford. The town and village are in the southeast corner of Saratoga County, and north-northwest of Troy, New York.
The town is part of the Van Schaick land patent of 1687. The first settlement took place at the site of the current Waterford village, then called "Half Moon Point".
The town was formed in 1816 by splitting the area of southeastern Saratoga County known as Halfmoon (anglicized from the Dutch name Halve Maan) into the town of Halfmoon and the town of Waterford.