West Nyack, NY
West Nyack is a hamlet (and census-designated place) in the Town of Clarkstown Rockland County, New York, United States located north of Central Nyack; east of Nanuet; south of Valley Cottage and west of Upper Nyack. It is approximately 18 miles north of New York City. The population was 3,282 at the 2000 census.
In 1847, the hamlet was named Clarksville, renamed MontMoor and since 1891 has been known as West Nyack.
In 2010, The West Nyack Engine Co. No 1 which was incorporated on March 10, 1910, celebrated its 100th Anniversary.