Andover is a village located in the south-east of Ashtabula County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,269 at the 2000 census.
The closest village to the Ohio side of Pymatuning State Park, the settlement supports a regional tourism industry. Andover was incorporated in 1883.
David Lindsey, writing in 1955, observes that "New England Yankees, moving into Ohio's Western Reserve in 1798, brought with them the name Andover from a township in Tolland County, Connecticut, birthplace of many of the migrants. General Henry Champion, second largest shareholder in the Connecticut Land Company, first acquired Andover Township in the drawing for lands held at Hartford in 1798."