Brookville is a small city in northwestern Montgomery County, Ohio, United States. The population was 5,884 at the 2010 census, an increase from 5,289 in 2000. It is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Brookville was first established in 1832 when Warren Estabrook opened a general store just north of the present-day intersection of Main and Wolf Creek Streets. This small community began to grow in 1844 when the Wolf Creek Turnpike was opened from Dayton to Brookville.
The village land was surveyed and platted by Jacob Frees April 13, 1850, for Jacob Flory, the proprietor of fifteen lots. By 1855, the Brookville post office was established, with Moses Wagaman as Postmaster. Due to the community's continued growth, Brookville's 425 citizens incorporated on September 9, 1874.