Cleves is a village, founded in 1818, along the Ohio River in western Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,790 at the 2000 census. The village is named for John Cleves Symmes who lived here, laid out the original town site, and sold lots.
Cleves is located at 39°9′40″N 84°45′1″W / 39.16111°N 84.75028°W / 39.16111; -84.75028 (39.161241, -84.750288).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.6 square miles (4.1 km²), all of it land.