Clinton is a village in Summit County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,337 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Akron Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Clinton was formerly known as Warwick, and that name is still used for the rail junction.
The village was laid out in 1816. Growth accelerated upon the arrival of the Ohio and Erie Canal. The arrival of the railroad in the 1880s, put the canal, which was then in need of costly repairs, out of business. A major flood in 1913 required that the remaining canal locks be destroyed.