Mechanicsburg is a village in Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,744 at the 2000 census.
Mechanicsburg laid out in 1814 on the site of the Shawnee Indian Village of Chief Ohito. Mechanicsburg was also a station on the underground railroad with “conductor” Udney Hyde helping more than 500 slaves on their way to freedom.
Mechanicsburg is located at 40°4′28″N 83°33′28″W / 40.07444°N 83.55778°W / 40.07444; -83.55778 (40.074483, -83.557759).