Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon is a city in Knox County, Ohio, United States. The population was 16,990 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Knox County. The city is named after Mount Vernon, the plantation owned by George Washington.
The community was founded in 1805 by Joseph Walker, Thomas B. Patterson and Benjamin Butler.
By 1840, 2,363 people lived in Mount Vernon.