Upper Sandusky, OH
Upper Sandusky is a city and the county seat of Wyandot County, Ohio, United States, along the Sandusky River. The population was 6,533 at the 2000 census. The city takes its name from an earlier Wyandot Indian village of the same name, which was located nearby. Upper Sandusky is rich in history. Its origins date back to the early 1780s. It was home to the Wyandotte Native Americans until 1842. Upper Sandusky became the Wyandot County seat in 1843. It was named "Upper" because it is located on the upper reaches of the Sandusky River; Sandusky, Ohio is at the mouth of the same river, some 50 miles (80 km) away. The head of city government as of 2008[update] is Mayor Scott Washburn.
Upper Sandusky is located at 40°49′47″N 83°16′45″W / 40.82972°N 83.27917°W / 40.82972; -83.27917 (40.829608, -83.279102).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.3 square miles (13.7 km²), of which, 5.2 square miles (13.6 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (0.94%) is water.