Wellington is a village in Lorain County, Ohio, United States. The population was 4,511 at the 2000 census.
Wellington was settled in 1818 by Ephraim Wilcox, Charles Sweet, William T. Welling, John Clifford, and Joseph Wilson from the states of Massachusetts and New York. It was originally named Charlemont by Charles Sweat who, after winning a tree chopping contest, was given the right to name the township. It was later changed to Wellington by the townspeople in honor of one of the founders William Welling and also "Iron Duke", the Duke of Wellington.
Wellington was incorporated as a village in 1855.