Trinity United Methodist Church is a welcoming, warm, and loving congregation, seeking to reach, nurture, and grow individuals into vital and faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. Our doors are open to all and we invite you to worship with us and join us on our faith journey as we continue to grow into the likeness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Trinity United Methodist Church is the product of growth within the local Methodist Church in the mid 19th century. In 1842, due to a growing congregation at what is known as Walnut Street UMC, property was purchased on Main Street and the current Trinity sanctuary was constructed, though the name "Trinity" was not used officially until 1891. In 1958 an Education building was added to Trinity on Mulberry Street. The main sanctuary was remodeled in 1966 and in 1968 funds were donated to purchase a new pipe organ. Property on the corner of Main and Mulberry was acquired in 1976; these buildings have been razed and replaced with a courtyard area and parking. In 1995, The Billings furniture store property was purchased on Main Street. This building was remodeled and connected to the original sanctuary building. It currently houses the Friendship Hall, and several rooms on the second floor. These three properties comprise the Trinity facilities in Chillicothe. The Friendship Hall serves as the location for many community events such as Statehood Day Prayer Breakfast, Waffle Day, as well as many church and private events. Trinity serves as the host church for the Greater Scioto Valley Emmaus Community and the Kairos prison ministry. Trinity offers a wide variety of ministries, seeking to offer Christ to as many people as possible. The location of the church facility provides many opportunities to serve the community and share the Good News of Jesus Christ! HOSPITALITY CENTER is located on the first floor, near the kitchen. Please help yourself to coffee and refreshments before or in between services.