Towne Blvd Church of God began on Garfield Street in Middletown Ohio in March of 1939. Reverend J.L. Sosby and Reverend Albert Creekbaum started the church, called The Peoples' Mission, with just twelve faithful people. As the congregation grew they began to seek a larger place to worship. The church purchased some land on Grand Avenue and in 1947 moved into the recently completed basement of their new building. With the new building came a new name for the growing congregation, God's Community Church. After arriving at the Grand Avenue location, construction on the new chapel soon began. After a year of hard work the chapel was complete and the congregation became known as the Grand Avenue Church of God. Brother Albert Creekbaum continued to pastor this growing congregation on Grand Avenue until 1952 when Reverend Clifford Hutchinson became pastor. Under Reverend Hutchinson the church continued to grow and a new church auditorium was added to the existing church facilities. As ministerial duties increased, Brother Henry Howard was added to the church staff to serve as the Associate Pastor. Under the capable leadership of Brother Hutchinson and Brother Howard, the church flourished and grew, reaching out into the community with God's love. Upon Reverend Hutchinson's resignation in 1969, Reverend Howard served as pastor for the growing and vibrant congregation until Reverend Billy Ball became pastor in 1970. Under the leadership of Brother Ball, the congregation continued to grow. In 1978, Pastor Ball led the Grand Avenue Church of God to 3722 Towne Boulevard where the church is today. The main worship center, housing the sanctuary, church office, and class rooms, was completed in 1979. In 1980 Hutchinson Hall, a gymnasium and youth building, was completed and named in honor of former Pastor Cliff Hutchinson. In 1982 a picnic shelter and bus garage was completed to service the vehicles used in the church outreach ministry. Upon the resignation of Reverend Ball in 1987, the church called Reverend Charles Tarr to be pastor. Shortly after Reverend Tarr came to Towne, the bus garage was converted into a building for children's ministry and named the Sonshine Building. Reverend Frank Curtis served as Senior Pastor beginning in 1994. Under his leadership, one of the many things the church was able to accomplish was eradicating their indebtedness. He served as Pastor until January 2008. In March 2009 Reverend Mitchell Burch accepted the call as Senior Pastor. He and his wife Shelly officially began their ministry at Towne on June 28, 2009.