Pioneer is a village in Williams County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,369 at the 2010 census.
Earliest recorded settlers of Pioneer were P.W. Norris and Owen McCarty (brothers-in-law), who were hired to clear James A. Rogers land in 1842-3. That land was section 17 of Williams County. Pioneer is located today in 16, 17, 20 and 21.
In 1844 Silander Johnson and Family arrived and James Rogers and family soon after P.W. Norris traveled to Fayette to claim Jane Cottrill as his bride - slashing a trail to bring her to Pioneer. In 1848, G.R. Joy moved to Pioneer from Morenci, Michigan after buying 160 acres on the west edge of the small village. He had built the first house in Morenci and remarked that there were only four houses between Pioneer and Bryan. In January 1849, Samuel Doolittle built a house in section 21. He was followed in the spring of 1850 by his father, Ebenizer Doolittle and Benson Doolittle (Brother).