The Baumfolder Corporation began operations in 1917 in Sidney, Ohio, as the Liberty Folder Company. Founded by four area businessmen, Liberty Folder began manufacturing folding machines for the printing industry. Baumfolder continued to grow and diversify into other products including tabletop folders, paper drills and paper cutters. This was accomplished through the purchase of the O&M Folder product line 1981; the Nygren Dahly Company in 1983; and by new product development from Baumfolder s Engineering Department. In 1981 the Baumfolder manufacturing plant and offices were expanded to their present size to accommodate the additional products and the growth in the folder business. In 1997, its facility received ISO quality certification and achieved ISO14001 certification in 2002. Baumfolder distributes it line of products through the Baumfolder dealer network.