Chandler is a city in Lincoln County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 2,842 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Lincoln County and is part of the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area.
Chandler is located east of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on U.S. Route 66 and Interstate 44, and north of Shawnee, Oklahoma on State Highway 18.
Chandler was named after Judge George Chandler, a member of Congress and commissioner of the general land office in Washington, D.C. Chandler was opened by a land run on September 28, 1891. The town had been planned to be opened on September 22, (the date of the Land Run of 1891) but the site survey had not been completed. The Chandler Post Office had opened September 21, the day before the planned run. When Oklahoma county A (Lincoln County) was organized, Chandler became the county seat. On May 30, 1897, a tornado destroyed most of the fledgling town and killed 14 residents.