Columbia City, OR
Columbia City is a city in Columbia County, Oregon, United States. It was named for its location on the Columbia River. The population was 1,571 at the 2000 census. The 2007 estimate is 1,955 residents.
Columbia City was founded in 1867 by Jacob and Joseph Caples. In 1870, the town had aspirations of becoming the terminus for Ben Holladay's Willamette Valley railroad. The same year, Portland, Oregon became the terminus of the west-side line, but the railroad never reached Columbia City. Columbia City post office was established in 1871.
Currently, Columbia City serves as a suburb of St. Helens.