Condon is a city in Gilliam County, Oregon, United States. The population was 759 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Gilliam County. It is located on Oregon Route 19.
Condon is known for its historic main street, listed on the National Register of Historic Places as Condon Commercial Historic District, several wind farms, and wheat ranches. As of 2011, many of the buildings on Main Street are going through restoration.
Condon was the southern terminus of the Condon Branch of the Union Pacific Railroad. In 1883, a local homesteader named Potter platted the land around a spring on his property. Condon was originally settled as Summit Springs; named for the springs that still flow at this hilltop location. After some financial difficulties, his land became the property of the legal firm Condon and Cornish from Arlington. Harvey C. Condon, a member of the firm, was a nephew of Oregon geologist Thomas Condon. Condon and Cornish sold lots in the townsite and in 1884, resident David B. Trimble applied for a post office and became its first postmaster. He named the post office Condon after Harvey C. Condon.