Halfway is a city in Baker County, Oregon, United States. This town took its name from the location of its post office, on the Alexander Stalker ranch, half way between Pine and Cornucopia. The population was 337 at the 2000 census, and grew to an estimated 355 by 2009.
The area was originally used as hunting territory by the Nez Perce, Umatilla and Shoshone tribes.
It was explored and mapped by Benjamin Bonneville in the 1830s, and first settled by Euro-Americans in the 1860s. The smaller national forests now combined into the local Wallowa–Whitman National Forest were created in 1908.