Stanfield is a city in Umatilla County, Oregon, United States. The population was 1,979 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Pendleton–Hermiston Micropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.7 km²), all of it land.
Originally named Foster, Stanfield is named after Sen. Robert N. Stanfield who purchased the area in 1903 from C.B. Wade of Pendleton for use as the headquarters of his extensive sheep and wool enterprises. Because of its proximity to the railroad, the site was used for shearing wool, holding sheep for shipping, and storing supplies for the operations in warehouses. (At one time, Sen. Stanfield and his brothers operated the largest sheep ranching operations in North America.),