Founded in 1912, Douglas Forest Protective Association is a nonprofit organization that contracts with the Oregon Department of Forestry to provide fire protection for the Douglas District in Oregon. The association provides wildland fire protection to more than 1.6 million acres of Bureau of Land Management, private, county and state lands within the Douglas District. It owns a wide array of firefighting equipment that includes bulldozers, 1000-gallon engines and tenders. The association operates throughout 16 patrol areas that are covered by forest officers in 200-gallon fire engines. In addition, the association takes on contract a fire suppression helicopter every fire season. Its reserve resources include two 200-gallon engines, a 1000-gallon engine, a bulldozer, a 1500-gallon engine and a mobile command post vehicle. Located in Roseburg, Ore., Douglas Forest Protective Association offers various programs, including pasture burning, Urban Interface Protection Act, fire prevention and community wildfire plans.