Berlin, a borough located approximately 75 miles southeast of Pittsburgh in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, United States, was laid out in 1784 and incorporated on February 7, 1833. The population was 2,192 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town is famous for Snyder of Berlin potato chips, and is home to the Berlin Fife and Drum Corps , one of the oldest such establishments in North America. Center Rock, Inc., a drilling-equipment manufacturer, is also located in the town.
It is not near East Berlin in Adams County, nor New Berlin in Union County. East Berlin was previously called Berlin but had to have the "East" added to avoid confusion with this Berlin.