Cherry Tree, PA
Cherry Tree is a borough in Indiana County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 443 at the 2000 census.
Cherry Tree is situated mostly in a valley near the headwaters of West Branch of the Susquehanna River where the river is fed by Cush Cushion Creek.
Cherry Tree was originally known as "Canoe Place" because its location marked the spot where the West Branch of the Susquehanna River was no longer navigable and canoes would have to portage. The latter settlement was known as "Newman's Mills" and later "Grant Post Office". The current name was officially adopted in 1907 but had been in use informally by local residents for many years before that time.