Crafton is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States, west of downtown Pittsburgh. The population had grown from 1,927 in 1900 to 4,583 in 1910 and to 7,163 in 1940. The population was 6,706 at the 2000 census.
Crafton is named after James S. Craft, a frontier attorney who was granted land near the "forks of the Ohio" in present day Oakland. The sale of this land part financed purchases of land in the Chartiers valley. Charles Craft, son of James, divided the land into lots on the death of his father and submitted it to the Allegheny County Courthouse as Crafton. Following a period of building the borough was incorporated in 1882, with Charles as the first Burgess.
Crafton was linked to downtown Pittsburgh by trolley in 1896. The service ended when the Fort Pitt Bridge was built without trolley tracks.