Dover is a borough in York County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,815 at the 2000 census.
James Joner purchased 203 acres (0.82 km2) in 1764 and laid out the town of Dover. It was known as Jonerstown until 1815, when it was officially called Dover.
During the 1863 Gettysburg Campaign of the American Civil War, Dover was briefly occupied overnight, June 30—July 1, by Confederate cavalry under J.E.B. Stuart.