Foxburg is a borough in Clarion County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is located along the east bank of the Allegheny River, about two miles (3 km) north of its confluence with the Clarion River.
The town takes its name from the Fox family of Philadelphia, former owners of the land upon which the town was built. Samuel Mickle Fox (1763–1808), along with his brother George and brothers in law Joseph Parker Norris and George Roberts purchased a number of tracts of land in western Pennsylvania from the Commonwealth during the 1790s. Six of these tracts, numbered #5725–5730, comprising 6,600 acres (27 km2), were contiguous and located along the Allegheny north of its confluence with Toby's Creek (today's Clarion River). The present town of Foxburg is located on what was designated tract #5729.
Samuel's son Joseph purchased these tracts from his father's estate in 1816 and established a residence here ten years later. This was south of the town near the mouth of the Clarion. It became known to generations as "the Fox Mansion" or simply "the Mansion". Succeeding generations would make it a seasonal residence for the next one hundred and forty years.