Harrisville is a borough in Butler County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 883 at the 2000 census.
The Seneca Indians used the Harrisville area for growing corn due to its fertile soil and flat growing area. Col. Robert Reed built a tavern and a distillery just south of present day Harrisville in 1797. This was the first tavern between Pittsburgh and Franklin,PA. Harrisville was founded in 1826 by Ephraim Harris. Harrisville was incorporated in 1846 by joining Harrisville and Reedsville. Harrisville had its first school in 1830 and in 1856 a high school was built.
Harrisville is located at 41°8′6″N 80°0′35″W / 41.135°N 80.00972°W / 41.135; -80.00972 (41.134966, -80.009590).