Laurys Station, PA
Laurys Station (previously Slate Dam) is an unincorporated area in North Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, about 9 miles (14 km) north of Allentown and about 6 miles (9.7 km) miles southeast of Slatington. Laurys Station is located along Pennsylvania Route 145, and is situated along the Lehigh River.
Laurys Station was initially known as "Slate Dam," after the Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company built a large dam here in 1830. In 1832, David Laury established a hotel here, which would become a popular resort during the summer months. Laury would later become the settlement's postmaster (1853) and station agent, when the Lehigh Valley Railroad opened a station here in 1855. The Lehigh Valley Railroad's four track mainline was located directly in the middle of the town, which was situated around present-day Mauser Street.
Laurys Station is part of the Parkland School District. Students in grades nine through 12 attend Parkland High School.