Matamoras is a borough in Pike County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,612 at the 2008 Estimate. It is the easternmost town in Pennsylvania.
Matamoras was originally part of Westfall Township. Its name came from the Mexican town of Matamoros, which was the first to be occupied by U.S. troops during the Mexican-American War. It was incorporated as a borough on January 18, 1905.
Matamoras is located at 41°22′4″N 74°42′7″W / 41.36778°N 74.70194°W / 41.36778; -74.70194 (41.367818, −74.701831). It is the easternmost point in Pennsylvania. Across the Delaware River are Port Jervis, New York and Montague, New Jersey.