Orwigsburg is a borough in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, United States. Named for its founder, Peter Orwig, from West Brunswick Township in 1823. The population was 3,106 at the 2000 census. Orwigsburg was the original county seat until the seat was moved to Pottsville in 1851.
Orwigsburg is located at 40°39′24″N 76°6′7″W / 40.65667°N 76.10194°W / 40.65667; -76.10194 (40.656567, -76.101882).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.7 km2), all of it land.