Schnecksville is a census-designated place (CDP) in North Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. Schnecksville is a suburb of Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley region of the state.
The population of Schnecksville was 1,989 at the 2000 census. Its U.S. postal code (zip code) is 18078.
Schnecksville was first settled in 1756 by Adam Schneck, who owned a tract of land in the area. His log home is still standing but has been moved about a half mile from its original location. In 1840 Schnecksville was laid out by Daniel Schneck. The Schnecks still live in the town today. He and his son Moses Schneck owned a hotel and other buildings. A George Rau opened a store. There was a post office here in 1846 with Peter Gross as postmaster. In 1880 the population was 160 persons. There were two hotels, a store, twenty two dwellings, a school and a church. Actually, there is reference made to two churches, an Evangelical church dated from 1871, and a frame church owned by the United Brethren, the date not given.