Telford is a borough in Bucks and Montgomery counties in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The population was 4,872 at the time of the 2010 census.
Originally inhabited by the Lenape people, the area surrounding Telford began to be settled in 1719 by Mennonites from the Palatinate of the Rhine. In 1857, the town known as County Line (the area had previously been known as Hendrick’s Blacksmith) changed its name to Telford after the North Pennsylvania Railroad Company named their new station located there after the civil engineer Thomas Telford.
Telford borough was incorporated in 1886 in Bucks County. A decade later, West Telford borough was incorporated in Montgomery County in 1897. In 1936 a state law—which prohibited the boundaries of a borough from extending into another county—was changed and the two boroughs merged to form a single Borough of Telford.