Jack Williams Tire Co was established in 1929 by Jack Williams, Sr. in Kingston, PA. Still a family business, the company is now owned and operated by Bill Williams, son of the late Jack Williams, Sr. With a $500 loan from his father Jack Williams, Sr. started a small tire shop in Kingston, PA. The original store had one service bay, two gas islands, and a small retread shop. The shop offered two services: mounting new tires and same day service for tire recapping. As the business grew Jack Williams moved to larger locations. Experiencing continued growth and poised for the future, Jack Williams Tire Company moved warehousing, retreading and offices into the new 35, 000 square foot facility in Luzerne, PA in 1968. In 1972 the company opened the Berwick, PA location and began construction of the Wilkes-Barre, PA location only to be halted by Hurricane Agnes, which crippled the Wyoming Valley with widespread flooding. The Wilkes-Barre store was out of harms way but the Kingston store was totally under water causing severe damage. The next wave of expansion came in the mid 80's with the building of the Stroudsburg Store and the purchase of the Shamokin Store. With these new stores on board, the Luzerne Warehouse quickly became inadequate and a new 90, 000 square foot warehouse was purchased in 1988 just outside of Scranton, in Moosic, PA.