Blossburg is a borough in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The population was 1,480 at the 2000 census.
In 1792 a party of immigrants who were building the Williamson Road from Williamsport, in Lycoming County, to Painted Post in New York under the leadership of Robert and Benjamin Patterson discovered coal within the present town limits of Blossburg. When the group reached the Tioga River, they established a supply camp upon its banks.
In 1801, Aaron Bloss moved to Tioga County and in 1802, moved to the area known as "Peter’s Camp". He is considered the first settler of Blossburg. Sometime between 1818 and 1820, Aaron Bloss made the first attempt to found a town by changing the name of Peter’s Camp to Blossburg. Blossburg was finally recognized and incorporated a borough in August 1871.