C.A. Curtze Company has been doing business for more than 100 years. In 1878, Charles August Curtze opened his wholesale business, supplying foods and other merchandise to the retail merchants and the growing number of oil and lumber camps of that era. In 1960, the C.A. Curtze Company made the decision to devote 100 percent of its energies and resources to the rapidly growing and changing food service market. From those humble beginnings, including gunpowder, barrels of flour, and the horse drawn wagon, the company has grown into a full line food service distributor that distributes thousands of items from a modern 2 1/2 acre distribution center. In addition to canned goods, frozen foods, paper products, chemicals, equipment, supplies and other staples, the company features fine fresh meat, fresh seafood and fresh produce.