Carmichaels Clinic

1070 Old National Pike
Fredericktown PA 15333
Reviews
{{::location.tagLine.value.text}}

Sponsored Topics


See a problem? Let us know!
Centerville Clinics traces its roots to the early 1950s and the vision of Joseph A. Yablonski. An International Board Member of the United Mine Workers of America, Mr. Yablonski realized that the medical and hospital benefits of the UMWA Welfare and Retirement Fund could not be fully useful to coal miners in Southwestern Pennsylvania unless more doctors - particularly specialists - could be persuaded to practice in the area. A group of local unions pooled their funds and bought a farm with a house in Centerville Borough, Washington County, with the goal of remodeling the farmhouse and an apple barn, and equipping them for medical services, including laboratory and x-ray.

Originally known as the Union Miners Building, Inc., the incorporators of what is now the Centerville Clinics network were determined to make a difference in the health and healthcare of the community. A medical staff of two full-time physicians and 25 part-time physicians was recruited to see patients at the Centerville location. Dr. Robert Schwartz, the Clinics's first medical director, saw the first patient on April 27, 1955, thus beginning a tradition of service that has continued for more than half a century.