Community Bible Church of Gordonville began when the Lord stirred the hearts of the neighborhood children at an after school Bible study in the home of a local resident. Through the zeal and excitement of these youngsters God prompted a group of parents and friends to begin an adult Bible study and prayer time in June of 1942. These meetings took place at the Gordonville Fire Hall and quickly expanded to include Sunday Worship services. In January of 1949 the worshipers were told that they could no longer hold their meetings in the fire hall and they moved into the home of Jonothan and Anna Weaver for ten months. This core group of believers clung to the desire that the Lord had put in their hearts to see a house of worship in their community. They had by now adopted the name Gordonville Community Church which would later be changed to the present name to clarify the Bible centered nature of this assembly's doctrine. The ground on which the church is built was donated for that purpose by Jacob C. Herr in the spring of 1949. The original church building was then erected by the small band of committed worshipers and some friends. The first official worship services were held on November 6th of 1949 with Henry J. Heydt the president of Lancaster School of the Bible speaking in the morning worship. John T. Smith was installed as the first pastor and peformed the first church's wedding in December of 1951 when he officiated the joining of Arlene Weaver to Earl Houck.. The Primary School of Gordonville which set immediately adjacent to the church was aquired at a public sale a few years later and still serves as the CBCG fellowship hall. Two later building addition projects would combine the original structures into the current configuration. The church's third pastor Kurt Reeser ministered faithfully for thirty years before resigning do to failing health. Since that time a handful of men have ministered here with varying lengths of tenure, and at times the pulpit has been filled by supply preachers from the area. There have been many mountains and valleys and an interesting cast of characters through the years but the Lord has always been faithful and He has sustained a small but commited remnant of believers here in Gordonville throughout CBCG's 59+ years of existense. CBCG is truly a "community" church and has been from its outset. Then and now a variety of people from different backgrounds Mennonite, Baptist, Amish, Methodist, Bible and more have found common ground in Christ and on the fundamental truths of Bible Christianity. We are knit together in the love that only God can give, and we pray that we will continue to faithfully serve Him in this community until the return of His Son and our Saviour Jesus Christ. We believe in the fundamental doctrines of historic orthodox Christianity. For a full explanation of these beliefs please Click Here for our Doctrinal Statement.