In 1956, the Session of First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster suggested that a new Presbyterian Church be started in Manheim Township. A committee composed of individuals from First Presbyterian Church, Bethany Presbyterian Church, and Memorial Presbyterian Church, headed by Judge William G. Johnstone, Jr., Elmer L. Esbenshade, and other interested persons, purchased the Norma G. Hess farm of approximately 31 acres north of the Route 230 bypass ( now Route 30 ) and adjacent to Route 272 ( Oregon Pike ) as a site for a new church. During the spring of 1957, the Presbytery of Donegal obtained 10.1 acres of the Hess land upon which to build a new church. In the fall of 1957, the Rev. Warren H. Ball was chosen as organizing pastor. A suitable meeting place for the new congregation was found at the Lancaster Poultry Center, at the corner of Route 230 ( by Route 30 ) and W. Roseville Road. Letters were sent to all Presbyterians living in Manheim Township, inviting them to attend an organizing meeting at Brecht Elementary School on October 13, 1957. Highland Presbyterian Church provides a variety of worship times and as well as other services. To find out more about our worship schedule Click Here! Highland Calendar Stay up to date with everything at Highland Presbyterian Church! Check out our calendar of upcoming events and gatherings, Click Here! Highland Presbyterian Church will be taping sermons to post on the website. We are currently working towards a modest library; view our progress Here!