One of the first fertilizer manufacturers to add weed killer to its product, Lebanon Seaboard Corporation was established with Central Chemical Corporation s purchase of an old, dilapidated horseshoe factory in Lebanon, Pa. The company has since grown into a nationwide manufacturer and supplier of lawn and garden products, wild bird food and professional turf and horticultural products. In 1953 chemical engineer and part owner Vernon Bishop purchased the full share of the business, which then solely manufactured and distributed Farm-Rite brand fertilizer exclusively to farmers in central Pennsylvania. The corporation would later expand to include sales of Sears 5-10-5 brand fertilizer, as well as its own manufactured fertilizers, Agrico, Chevron, Eli Lilly and Glorion. It has also acquired more than 30 other businesses, which has allowed the company to expand its product line and service area. In 1998 the company sold its farm division in order to concentrate solely on the professional turf and consumer lawn and garden markets. It now operates six production facilities in three states.