Library Information The North Wales Area Library had been housed in the basement of the North Wales Elementary School since 1927. Over the years, the collection had outgrown its space, and facilities for community programming were highly desired. The present building at 233 Swartley Street was purchased in 2008. A two-year renovation commenced. On January 4, 2010, the North Wales Area Library re-opened containing 30, 000 volumes with community space for activities. Today the North Wales Area Library is used by a much larger community, including the residents of North Wales, Lansdale, Hatfield, Upper Gwynedd, and Montgomery and Towamencin Townships. The North Wales Area Library is much more than a collection of books. We offer a variety of reading, science and humanities programs, book clubs for all ages as well as access to required books on summer reading lists.