In 1993, WVS Financial was organized as a Pennsylvania-chartered unitary bank holding company and acquired a 100-percent interest in West View Savings Bank. The bank, which was founded in 1908, conducts business from six offices in the north suburbs of Pittsburgh. Originally organized as West View Building & Loan Association, the bank changed its name to West View Savings and Loan Association in 1954. In 1992, West View converted to a Pennsylvania-chartered mutual savings bank and changed its name once again. The savings bank converted to stock ownership in November 1993 when it was acquired by its parent company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, WVS Financial s stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol WVFC.