Ulysses is a borough in Potter County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 684 at the 2000 census. When first settled, in 1831, Ulysses was named Lewisville, after an early settler, Orange Lewis. Orange Lewis was a prominent farmer who later became Justice of the Peace, and then county treasurer. However, the post office and newspaper were both named Ulysses, and eventually, in 1968, the town was officially re-named Ulysses.
Ulysses is located at 41°54′10″N 77°45′40″W / 41.90278°N 77.76111°W / 41.90278; -77.76111 (41.902838, -77.761017).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 4.0 square miles (10.4 km²), all of it land.