Mauldin is a city in Greenville County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 15,224 at the 2000 census. It is a principal city of the Greenville–Mauldin–Easley Metropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.6 square miles (22.3 km²), all of it land.
Benjamin Griffith was awarded the first land grant in what is now called Mauldin in 1784. The name of Mauldin was given to the town almost accidentally in 1820 thanks to South Carolina's Lieutenant Governor, W. L. Mauldin. The train station was called "Mauldin" because the Lt. Governor had assisted in getting the Greenville Laurens Railroad Company to come through the village. Over time, the entire area took the name of Mauldin.