About Montgomery's Furniture Montgomery's Furniture was founded in 1888 by George Montgomery in Alexandria, South Dakota. In 1912 George's son Russell and son-in-law Gilbert Loomer purchased the store. In 1959 Gilbert's sons Jim and George purchased the family business, and expanded to several locations. In 1962 they opened a store in Howard and In 1980 that store was moved to Madison where it was located in the former Hallenbeck Furniture building. In 1986 George sold Madison Store to his son-in-law and daughter, Clark and Connie Sinclair. Clark and Connie Sinclair established the Sioux Falls location in 1997. It is located at 1725 West 41st Street and features a 20, 000 sq. ft. showroom and 11 experienced designers. The Sioux Falls location offers some of the finest name brands available in this area including Flexsteel, Bernhardt, Drexel Heritage and Hooker. In September 2002 Clark and Connie Sinclair combined their two Madison locations in a new 40, 000 sq ft Outlet located at 747 South Washington Avenue. The Madison location features different lines of furniture than the Sioux Falls location including Ashley, Lane and Bassett.