Graham Tire Company began in 1951, when W.P. Graham opened his first store in Sioux Falls, S.D. As Graham had previously worked for Goodyear as a store manager in Kearney, Neb., and Council Bluffs, Iowa, he was able to purchase and operate a Goodyear store in downtown Sioux Falls in 1952. After purchasing a Spencer, Iowa, Goodyear store in 1960, Graham added a second Sioux Falls store in l972. Graham Tire is under the direction of Graham s sons. The group of stores has includes more than 20 stores in four states with two retread plants, employing more than 400 individuals. Graham Tire sold approximately 350,000 Goodyear, Kelly, Cooper, Michelin and Dunlop tires in 2004 and ranks as one of the largest independently owned tire dealership groups in the United States.