In 1922, Harry Olmsted and Myron Kirk acquired a Dallas paper distributorship chartered in 1905, organized Olmsted-Kirk Paper Company and set out to become a premier source of quality paper products. The company s first 12,000-square-foot operation has expanded to include extensive warehouse facilities in major markets throughout Texas. Hand-tallied ledgers have given way to sophisticated computerized ordering and inventory systems. A separate group of specification specialists are devoted exclusively to meeting the needs of the graphic and fine arts communities. These professionals work closely with designers, agencies, corporate communicators and artists to ensure that the optimum paper is selected for their projects. A special condensed sampling system provides all the necessary samples and data for decision making. Several of O-K s major facilities include a graphic arts center provided exclusively for use by the graphic arts and printing industries. The company also imports papers from as far away as Sweden, France, Asia, Holland and Belgium.