Melvin Motors

1810 E Irving Blvd
Irving TX 75060
Reviews
{{::location.tagLine.value.text}}

Sponsored Topics

Opening Hours

  • Tue: 10am-6pm
  • Wed: 10am-6pm
  • Thu: 10am-6pm
  • Fri: 10am-6pm
  • Sat: 10am-6pm

See a problem? Let us know!
Since 1946, we have been a family run business. Now in our 62nd year, we carry an exceptional line of cars and light trucks. In 1946 Hayden G. Melvin, our founder, moved to Prince George's County Maryland from Pennsylvania. Hayden bought a farm near routes 193 and 450 and started selling cars- first in Seat Pleasant and then near Peace Cross. In 1952, Hayden opened his car lot at its current location on Annapolis Road (sometimes referred to as Defense Highway). For the next five years, he sold NASH (later American Motors) cars. Two side by side signs marked his business location- a large "NASH" sign and next to it, one of equal size "Hayden Melvin". As a result of this double signage, he became "Mr. Melvin Nash" to his growing base of car buyers. Hayden's son, Dan Melvin (DeMatha 58), was discharged from the U.S. Army in 1965 and wanted to work for his father. Hayden had spent almost twenty years in car sales and warned his son of the long hours involved in the business. But Dan was determined and this second-generation Melvin joined the firm. Hayden G. Melvin retired from the business in 1972, having spent over a quarter of a century devoted to what was now a family passion. The family involvement has grown in the 1990's as the third generation has joined Melvin Motors Company. After graduating from Towson University (90), Michelle Melvin Kotelchuck (Seton 86) joined the company full time in 1995. In 1992 Mark Hayden Melvin (DeMatha 88) joined the company after graduating from the University of Maryland College Park. The local connection continues with Bill Gallagher (Bowie 73), David Harding (Bowie 71), Bob Shutta (DeMatha 68), Ken Cooper (Suitland), and Karl Taschenberger (PG County Educator). A true family company - that is Melvin Motors